Expected objective questions for Junior Office Assistant (IT), HPSSSB, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh upcoming exams. These questions are also very important for other govt jobs exams.
1. What is a web browser?
A. a program that can display a web page
B. a program used to view html documents
C. it enables user to access the resources of internet
D. All the above.
2. Full form of URL?
A. unique reference label
B. uniform resource locator
C. uniform reference label
D. unique resource locator.
3. What is document object model (DOM)?
A. convention for representing and interacting with objects in html documents
B. application programming interface
C. hierarchy of objects in ASP.NET
D. none of these.
4. The Internet was originally a project of which agency?
D. None of these.
5. The computer jargon – WWWW, stands for?
A. World Wide Wildlife Web
B. World Wide Women’s Week
C. World Wide Web Worm
D. World Wide Women’s Web
6. Which of the following is a correct format of Email address?
7. HTML is used to create ?
A. Web server
B. high level program
C. Web page
D. machine language program
8. The process of transferring files from Internet to your computer is called ?
9. Which one of the following is not a search engine?
D. All of the above.
10. In internet terminology IP means
A. Internet Provider
B. Internet Protocol
C. Internet Procedure
D. Internet Processor
11. Verification of a login name and password is known as:
D. logging in
12. A Web site’s front page is called
A. Browser Page
C. Search Page
D. Home Page
13. Internet explorer falls under
A. Operating System
D. IP address
14. _________ is a repository of information linked together from points all over the world.
A. The WWW
15. In a URL, the _______ is the client-server program used to retrieve the document.
D. None of the above.
16. In a URL, the ______ is the computer on which the information is located.
D. None of the above.
17. www is based on which model?
18. What are cookies?
A. Cookies are text files stored on the client computer and they are kept for various information tracking purpose.
B. Cookies are binary files stored on the server computer and they are kept for various information tracking purpose.
C. Cookies are binary files stored on the client computer and they are kept for data storage purpose.
D. none of the above.
19. A dial-up connection enables to connect to ISP using a?
20. Which of the following is an example of Web browser?
B. Mozilla Firefox
21. _________ forms the highest layer of TCP/IP and divides a message over file into smaller packets which are transmitted over the Internet.
22. DNS is an Internet service that translates domain names to or from __________.
A. MAC address
B. IP address
C. Both a and b
D. none of the above
23. Which was the first search engine in the Internet?
D. Alta Vista
24. Which protocol is used for secure communication over internet?
25. Which of the following is the correct chronology of internet based facilities?
A. Google, Hotmail, Facebook, whatsapp
B. Facebook, Google, Hotmail, Whatsapp
C. Hotmail, Google, Facebook, Whatsapp
D. Hotmail, Facebook, Google, Whatsapp
Q. What is the full form of PDF in the context of computer file system?
A. Personalised Data Format
B. Pixel Digital File
C. Pictured Data Format
D. Portable Document Format
Please comment your answer in comment section below.